4/21/08

Doll ~ Paper Doll


PAPER DOLLS aka Art Dolls

Dolls are such an interesting art. You say art? Yes art. When you design a doll you need to have an idea what you want. I lay out my sketches here n there then when I finally settle on one that I like I copy it then start taking it apart to make my pattern. Here on Time Flies I did just that she is a paper art doll. This was a challenge doll that I was designing for a doll group that I belong in. I started out making the circles then combining them as a body. Once I was happy with the size then I did some painting and antiquing to the main body. From there I had some time piece clip art that I choose for body placements. I had the adorable little face clip-art that I use for the face. Now comes the wings I painted those as I did the shoes also. This was a fun little project that I greatly enjoyed. In most of my collages I blend my artistic drawing skills in with my collages. I was very bliss to win this challenge and received another fabulous paper doll from Lynne our moderator. But that wasn't why I made this doll I just wanted to join in the challenge have a little bit of fun coming up with a very unique piece. Which I did, this little lady is one of my favorite paper art dolls.

No comments: