4/17/08

Photography ~ Little Roads to Happiness

Tess, Taoso and I were walking out in pasture this morning admiring the new little flowers that are blooming along the ground. As I took pictures the poodles walked around being attacked by our 2 cats Tabby and Bobby. I don't know why but the just love to rub then jump over Taoso and Tess. The sun was so warm with the wind being a tad chilly. I wish the weather man could get it right. It is hard to believe that last Saturday and Sunday it was so warm over in the 80's and now we are back to wearing jackets and sweat shirts. As I look around me at the beautiful flowers that are beginning to bloom I wonder to myself how in the world do you all make it. One day it is very warm a couple of days latter it could be cold enough for a jacket. Nothing like Spring just wish we had a bit more rain. Have you ever try taking a walk with your pets and try to take pictures at the same time. Why is it that when you want a close-up of a very tiny flower that they find that exact flower just as interesting as you. Then when I see this isn't going to work I focus trying to get pictures of the culprits why is it that they suddenly turn camera shy and won't look up at you. ..giggle.. I have a heck of a time trying to capture good shots at my cats and dog. I gave up went back to photographing flowers. This morning was such a beautiful morning a gentle happiness came all over me as I realize that it is the little thing that lead to the road of happiness.

LITTLE ROAD TO HAPPINESS

The little road to happiness, they are not hard to find;
They do not lead to great success-but to a quiet mind.
They do not lead to mighty power, nor to substantial wealth.
They bring one to a book, a flower, a song of cheer and health.
The little roads to happiness are free to everyone;
They lead one to the wind's caress, to kiss of friendly sun.
These little roads are shining white, for all the world to see;
Their sign-boards, pointing left and right, are love and sympathy.
The Little roads of happiness have the most charming way;
No matter where they twist and wind through fields of rich delight,
They're always of the self same mind to lead us home at night.
~Wilhelmina Stitch

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him re-frain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.
1 Peter 3:10

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: