6/13/09

WASHING THE DISHES

When we on simple rations sup
How easy is the washing up!
But heavy feeding complicates
The task by soiling many plates.
***
And though I grant that I have prayed
that we might find a serving-maid,
I'd scullion all my days, I think,
To see her smile across the sink!
***
I wash, she wipes. In water hot
I souse each dish and pan and pot;
While Taffy mutters, purrs, and begs,
And rubs himself against my legs.
***
The man who never in his life
Has washed the dishes with his wife
Or polished up the silver plate-
He still is largely celibate.
***
One warning: there is certain ware
That must be handled with all care:
The Lord Himself will give you up
If you should drop a willow cup!
***
Christopher Morley
**********************************************************
On another note today is
FLAG DAY
let us honor our Verterans by flying the Flag!
*********************************************

No comments: