12/2/08

Fabric Chunkie Pages

Well I have said over and over again. I have NO intention to start making chunkie pages. Guess what I'm making chunkie pages. These are 4 x 4 pages made of fabric or paper. We take these pages turning them into a book. Well here are my fabric pages. Our Host over at ATCsforALL wanted them chunkie. I had come up with an idea then I suddenly decided I better re-checked and see if there was a theme we were to go by. ..giggle..oh my there was boy did it turn my idea up side down. The theme was In the Garden, my mind started ticking in the garden then I had a great idea ........
In the Garden are my Funky Flowers
I started out with 2 pieces of fabric with batting. Then I sewed a design hoping to make it stiffer, I wasn't too happy with it then I took some silk flowers and hand sculpted a bunch of  nylon faces. Then I attached a few on each page I made 8 pages. Once done with that I decided those funky flowers needed something more so I went into my stash found some fuzzy yarn putting that around their faces now that dress it up a bit. Still something else was 
needed oh my goodness they were bald needed to fix that! I got some glue and glitter out gave them a funky looking cap still looked a bit plain, decided to add beads and buttons and so much more. My first chunky page and it had to be fabric. Lots of hand sewing a lot of work. I kept 3 giving one to a friend of mine here at home, two for myself, that means I sent 5 to UK. Now I am patiently waiting to received four pages back from four different artist. Once I get them back I get to turn them into a book. Now that is going to be interesting!

2 comments:

Mary Bee said...

I dropped by actually to let you know I put you on the side bar of my blog so I can come visit easier now. Maybe you will do the same, in that you'll need to change the link your currently have. I deleted that blog and am doing a personal/art/life type one now.

Outstanding Stranger said...

Well believe me they are adorable...and one was mine mine mine.............Thanks, I love it you do such great work...Diane